Have you ever wondered why you stink? Don’t be offended, everyone stinks. When the human body overheats, it sweats as a cooling mechanism and unfortunately, sweat can stink.
Here at airDefender, we are fascinated by odor. We love good-smelling things too, but at the end of the day, we are all about neutralizing unwanted smells that irritate our noses and make faces crumple with their unpleasantness. In order to do that effectively, we have to understand why people stink. That is where our journey began. Once we understood what makes armpits stinky, we were able to develop a product that undoes the process, leaving our customers smelling great.
We find the entire process interesting and think that you will too. So dive in and find out why we stink, what can be done about it, and why airDefender Antibacterial Spray is the best product on the market for neutralizing your personal odor. Trust us. You may not be able to smell it...but everyone else can.
Why Armpits Are Smelly
Not to alarm you, but you are covered in bacteria. We all are. Bacteria is a part of life and in a lot of cases, certain bacteria can be helpful. Your underarms are home to several different types of bacteria, stemming from your apocrine glands. Apocrine glands are sweat glands that can only be found in certain areas of the body. They are highly concentrated in the armpit, but can also be found in the groin, and around the breast tissue. These glands secrete an oily compound, more commonly known as sweat. These glands are sensitive to adrenaline, which associates them with emotional sweating. If you have ever broken out into a sweat in a stressful situation, while in pain, or out of fear, that sweat was caused by the stimulation of your apocrine glands. When the sweat from your apocrine glands meets the bacteria in your underarms, the bacteria break down into scented fatty acids, which causes odor.
The warm, moist environment in your underarm is the perfect home for a variety of bacterias. Here are some of the bacteria that produce odors:
- Micrococcus Bacteria. This is an exceedingly common type of bacteria. They can be found in water, dust, and soil. Unfortunately for us sweaty humans, they thrive in the environment polyester clothes provide.
- Staphylococcus Bacteria. These bacteria can be quite problematic. In fact, they are the common cause of infections in indwelling medical devices, and they are hard to treat with antibiotics. More often than not, when these bacteria show up medical professionals wind up having to remove the indwelling medical device. They can also be found in cotton and polyester fabrics.
- Leptospirosis Bacteria. These bacteria are most typically found in both dog and rodent urine. That may sound unpleasant on its own, but it gets even worse. These bacteria can be passed on to pet owners and can even lead to disease.
"Body odor is the consequence of bacteria in our underarms." - Thomas
How To Handle Stinky Bacteria
The best way to stop bacteria from breaking down in sweat and releasing unpleasant odors is to simply eliminate the presence of the bacteria. Antibacterial deodorant does just as it says it does - it gets rid of bacteria. This is different from an antiperspirant, which halts sweat secretion altogether. If you are concerned about stinking when you sweat, then an antibacterial deodorant is the way to go. Fortunately, that is exactly what airDefender offers.
The airDefender Difference
airDefender does not just offer deodorant. We have taken it to a whole new level by creating a series of antibacterial products that can help to reduce and control odors all over the body. We offer an natural facial mist, and an antibacterial sanitizer spray (which can literally be a lifesaver). Our products can be used all over the body - so do not just limit them to your armpits. Spread the love and kill stinky bacteria everywhere.
Here are some specific benefits of airDefender antibacterial products:
- They are both sweat and water-resistant. It is easy to kill bacteria when you are working with an otherwise clean, dry, surface. But what happens when we introduce water to the mix? Whether moisture is coming from sweat, humidity, precipitation, or a dunk in a pool, airDefender products are up to the task. airDefender continues to keep the presence of smelly bacteria at bay by creating a protective shield that kills germs and odors, no matter the weather conditions or your chosen activity.
- It does not stain. We have all done it. We have all rolled or sprayed some fresh deodorant on our armpits, put on a shirt, and discover hideous track stains all over our clothing. They can be a pain to get out, they are unsightly, and they can destroy clothes! With airDefender products, you will never have to worry about deodorant marks ever again. We use eco-friendly and hypoallergenic ingredients that are safe on all types of fabric, on kids, and your skin. Gentle on people and clothing...tough on bacteria!
- It is mild on the skin. Skin irritation is no fun, and allergic reactions can be downright dangerous. It can be challenging to find antibacterial products that are both gentle and effective...but we are happy to tell you that your search is over. The eco-friendly, aluminum-free, and hypoallergenic ingredients we use to create airDefender make it a great choice for people with sensitive skin.
- It protects your nose and lungs. Bad odors are not just unpleasant. Sometimes the ammonia present in bacterial breakdowns can irritate the nose and lungs physically. Fortunately, airDefender is a convenient solution that is so effective that irritation will no longer be a worry.
- It doesn’t smell like alcohol. Some products rely on alcohol to kill bacteria and neutralize odors, but that just replaces a foul-smelling odor with the scent of alcohol which many people find just as unpleasant. airDefender is alcohol-free and unscented, making it a truly neutral choice.
- It is safe to use on animals. Pets may not sweat the same way that humans do, but the bacteria present in their urine can lead to some incredibly unpleasant odors. airDefender can safely eliminate smell pet bacteria along with smelly human bacteria, which means that with our products both you and your four-legged friends will be left smelling great.
- It is cost-effective. Normally, deodorants or antiperspirants take a lot of sprays to achieve protection against germs. airDefender eliminates bacteria with just one spray. One spray is enough for a long-lasting solution. It doesn't just save us money but saves natural resources using natural-friendly ingredients that have a lot of environmental benefits.
With airDefender, you can enjoy up to 10 hours of effectiveness. Use these products anywhere on your body, and instantly notice that your smell is gone. With certification that passed the acute eye irritation and oral toxicity test, it's safe even when sprayed on the face, particularly around the eye area, and nontoxic when accidentally swallowed. These products are great for anyone looking for a gentle way to control body odor without replacing that odor with another strong, chemical scent.
Start using airDefender today and wonder how you ever got by without it.