Protect Your Family from Gastroenteritis!
It's important that you wash your hands every day. Did you know that bacteria in your stomach could make you sick? Gastroenteritis is a swelling of the stomach and intestines. A bacteria or parasite can all cause gastroenteritis. It is a relatively common condition that causes diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and other digestive symptoms. Bacterial gastroenteritis is an infection caused by bacteria in the digestive tract. It is uncommon compared to viral gastroenteritis. However, it is still a significant health risk. Every year, approximately 1.5 to 2.5 million children worldwide die as a result of diarrhea and dehydration caused by gastroenteritis.
Among the most common types of infectious gastroenteritis are:
- Escherichia coli infection
- Cryptosporidium infection
- Campylobacter infection
- Viral gastroenteritis
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
It is critical to keep an eye out for any signs in your children. The following are red flags, and you should seek medical attention right away:
- Vomit frequently
- Don't have the urge to drink
- Demonstrate any signs of dehydration.
- Have blood in their stool
- Suffering from severe abdominal pain
Preventing the Spread of Gastroenteritis
Handwashing with soap and water is still the best way to prevent the spread of gastroenteritis. You can stop the spread to others by doing the following:
- Teach your child the importance of good hand hygiene.
- Make sure everyone in the family washes their hands frequently, especially after using the restroom and before eating.
- Teach your children how to use airDefender quantum sanitizing solution in and out of the house on a daily basis.
- Before and after feeding and changing your child's nappies, wash your hands.
- To avoid spreading the infection to others at home, clean kitchen counters, toys, toilet seats, nappy change tables, and faucets.
- Keep your child away from other people for at least 48 hours after their symptoms have subsided. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
Remember that washing your hands with soap and water is the most effective way to avoid gastroenteritis infection. To completely eliminate the bacteria, use an airDefender quantum sanitizing solution that boosts your skin defense against microbes for up to 10 hours of protection.
Diseases and conditions: bacterial gastroenteritis
Conditions and diseases - bacterial gastroenteritis