The commonly accepted to be the first alcohol-based hand sanitizer, Sterillium, was produced by a German company back in 1965. For the US, however, while gel-form hand sanitizers have been in use within certain industries starting in the late 1980s, it was only close to a decade later that gel-form hand sanitizers became available to the general US populace. Following this, it could be said that alcohol-based hand sanitizers only took off after the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) touted the efficacy of the product back in the early 2000s, specifically in the healthcare setting.
Since then, alcohol-based hand sanitizers have become the leading standard when it comes to avoiding the transmission of germs through physical contact. However, while it is efficient at killing various pathogens, bacteria and viruses alike, alcohol sanitizers have long had a major shortcoming when compared to some of its non-alcohol contenders. Namely, the problem with the longevity of its efficacy. Once the alcohol evaporates, germs will once again continue their reproduction in the applied area until the next sanitization. This aspect makes alcohol-based hand sanitizers decent if you just wanted to avoid the germs from opening the door, but it doesn't really protect you in an environment where you're continuously touching high-contact areas of concern; for example, if you're at work or on your commute. Alcohol hand sanitizers only provide you with sporadic protection at best, then none at all once the alcohol has evaporated. Which, if the hand sanitizer is at the recommended alcohol concentration - 70%, it's gone quite quickly.
Aside from the variable consistency of use and alcohol concentration of the sanitizer, the efficacy of alcohol hand sanitizers is also highly dependent on the type of alcohol, the quality applied, and the application technique. Moreover, there are many instances where alcohol sanitizers aren't ideal, as when combating alcohol-resistant strains or when the bacteria count is already too high. Even worse is the possibility of a bacteria or virus mutating due to excessive use of alcohol sanitizers.
This begs the question of why there isn't a hand sanitizer that can last longer than a few seconds or minutes, one that can give you protection for the next few hours or more. But there is.
AirDefender has been on the market since 2003, delivering better high-quality sanitization solutions through an innovative improved coating technology, a technology that is already being used in more than 15 countries by governments, businesses, and households.
For practical use, this technology comes in the form of a longer-lasting sanitizing solution that can be used every day from head to toe for pathogens and odor protection. This means that compared to the hand sanitizer you’re using, we can save you both time and hassle from having to pull it out and apply it over and over again, while also saving you the worry of when you might have forgotten to sanitize after touching a germ-hotspot. throughout the day.
However, sanitizing isn’t all that airDefender can do. Here are some other interesting facts about how airDefender sanitizing solution can benefit your life and healthy living:
- It eliminates underarm odors. Usually, sanitizers are just sanitizers, and they are limited to only eliminating germs. However, airDefender is more than your standard antibacterial spray. Use it after a shower and before hitting the gym, and you'll be able to keep your skin fresher than ever.
- It can prevent external odors, like the smell of cigarettes, from clinging to your skin. Walk by some noxious odor and it'll get absorbed into your skin and clothes, just clinging onto you until your next wash (or maybe, even after). But before then, this odor will travel with you, creating a bubble of that smell around and spreading to whichever room you travel through. Using the airDefender germ-blocking solution can help protect you, your skin, and your clothes - lowering the amount and chance of the odor from seeping in and attaching.
- Natural and more than 99% water. The airDefender solution is completely natural, and is made up of just our Qdot green technology plus non-toxic food-grade FDA approved ingredients - (BZK, TiO2) - After spraying it on, you just need to give it light for the protection process to activate! The fun thing is that it can be any light!
- Reduce the chance of acne that may be caused by daily facial and body hygiene routines. Some sanitizers may cause breakouts or rashes because of the ingredients they include. This chance, however, is reduced with our airDefender product given its hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and ethically sourced ingredients.
- Water-repellent. It's hard to avoid water while living in our daily lives. Washing hands would always be a great habit that you shouldn't stop doing. airDefender's base technology is a coating that's water-repellent, so you can rest assured it'll be there protecting you while going through your life as normal. So feel free to go for that swim!
Choose the natural sanitizer that can actually do better and more for you and your skin, one that’s not just a gimmick!